Clinical Skills Staff
- Freda NeillClinical Skills Manager Leads the clinical skills teaching team, implements strategies to develop the clinical teaching components of the undergraduate and postgraduate nursing curriculum and links to associated practice areas. Lead for the management and development of the Trinity Simulation Suite.
- Sinéad BuckleyChief Technical Officer Sinéad supports clinical tutors and lecturers with clinical skills development for undergrad and postgraduate nursing and midwifery students. Sinéad contributes and provides delivery of clinical skills and related theoretical instruction. Sinéad manages and maintains the clinical skills laboratories including keeping up to date with best practice in relation to clinical skills delivery nationally and internationally.
- Kathleen ByrneClinical Nurse Tutor Kathleen Byrne is a Nurse Tutor, whose speciality is Intellectual disability Nursing. She is part of the Intellectual disability discipline and the clinical skills team and is responsible for teaching and assessing clinical nursing skills on undergraduate nursing programmes. Kathleen also supports students and staff out in clinical practice, teaching skills and supporting ongoing staff education
- Ashamole CliveClinical Midwifery Tutor Ashamole is responsible for enhancing the clinical experience of the Higher Diploma in Midwifery students. She is also involved in academic and clinical skills teaching and research projects. She is a specialist in Lactation and Infant feeding
- Paulo MeloClinical Nurse Tutor Paulo specializes in Orthopaedics and Theatre Nursing. Part of the General Nursing discipline he promotes up to date evidence based learning and skills acquisition to undergraduate and postgraduate students. His interests include Postoperative Deep Vein Thrombosis and Perioperative Infection Prevention and Control.
- Miriam McKennaClinical Nurse Tutor for the General Nursing Discipline Miriams clinical background is in Nursing and Midwifery practice. My remit involves teaching clinical skills at both essential and advanced undergraduate level and engaging in clinical practice teaching.
- Karen McTagueClinical Nurse Tutor Main responsibilities centre on the teaching and assessment of general nursing skills for the BSc undergraduate programme. I am very interested in teaching approaches incorporating simulation.
Yvonne MuldowneyClinical Nurse Tutor
Yvonne is part of the general discipline, teaching across undergraduate programmes and physical assessment facilitation. Research focus is on end-of-life-care, compassionate care and integrative care.
- James MulkerrinsClinical Nurse Tutor
- Tracey O’NeillClinical Nurse Tutor in Children’s Nursing Tracey’s responsibilities include teaching and assessing children’s and general nursing skills, lecturing on the CGIDP and Higher Diploma in children’s nursing programmes and engaging in teaching in the Trinity Simulation Suite.Tracey also supports undergraduate children’s nursing students in the clinical practice setting.
- Hilary SouthernClinical Nurse Tutor Hilary Southern is a Clinical Nurse Tutor for the General Nursing discipline. This role involves teaching clinical nursing skills in the classroom, and clinical skills laboratory settings. The role also involves supporting undergraduate nursing students in clinical practice settings.