Postgraduate Certificate in Quantitative Methods and Data Analysis for Healthcare (P.Grad.Cert)
Course Code: DPCNM-QMDA-1P09
Duration: One year part-time
Next Intake: Course suspended
Closing date for applications: Course suspended
Location: 24 D'Olier Street and onlline
Fees: Further information on course fees can be found at Academic Registry.
Students will be equipped with the relevant knowledge and tools to understand, appraise and critically analyse or conduct an analysis of healthcare or related data used in healthcare research. Students will learn to conduct and interpret basic statistical methods using freely available R software and also have a working knowledge of SPSS software. Upon successful completion of the course, graduates will have learned the basic principles and methods of healthcare specific analyses and epidemiology and will have developed and applied practical skills in methods used in healthcare research. This will increase graduates’ employability in healthcare related research and practice.
Structure & Delivery
This course is offered on a one-year part-time basis.
This Postgraduate Certificate is the equivalent of 30 ECTS and is composed of three mandatory modules. The course is delivered through blended learning, 2 modules are delivered totally online and the third is delivered both face-to-face and online. Students are required to complete all three modules.
- Introduction to Healthcare Statistics (10 ECTS)
- Measuring and Reporting on Population Health (10 ECTS)
- Healthcare Data Acquisition, Management and Analysis (10 ECTS)
- Applicants will be required to hold a minimum 2.1 grade (Second class Honours) in a relevant primary degree in the applicant’s field of practice.
- Applicants must be familiar with information technology in particular email and internet use and have access to computer facilities including email and internet.
Documentation required to complete application
- One academic and one professional reference from an employer. Each reference should confirm the potential and suitability of the applicant to undertake the course
- Copies of academic transcripts from completed educational courses
- Copies of official awards (parchment) from completed educational courses
All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
IELTS (Academic version) and IELTS Indicator : Grade 6.5 overall with a minimum of grade of 6 in each category
TOEFL and TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based
- TOEFL: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based
- University of Cambridge:
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
Please note that test scores are only valid for two years.
For further details on these English Language Proficiency Tests, please contact the appropriate organisation directly.