How do I submit a News Item?
Below you will find the steps involved in submitting a news item request for publication on School and College newsfeeds. Please note that all news item requests must adhere to the news item content guidelines as set out below in order to be published.
- Complete the below online News Item Request Form.
- All news item requests must be accompanied by a thumbnail image. This should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not have an image that meets the specifications let me know.
News Item Content Guidelines
- Heading: The main heading should capture the main points of the news item Readers lose interest, therefore get to the main points quickly. The News Item headline should be no longer than two lines long - 100 characters or less.
- The First Two Sentences: They should contain a summary of the main points of the item and use the active voice
- The piece should overall include the ‘who, what, where, when & how’ of your research paper or initiative. It should include a description of the research, findings, study or award, relevance & societal Impact. Factual information is always helpful e.g. context, costs & statistics. Include a quotation from the lead academic.
- The length can vary but generally 300-400 words would be sufficient.
- Include any images as separate JPG files and email to email@example.com. Forward list of names of people in main image.
Submit a News Item
Image Submission Reminder
Please submit your thumbnail image to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put 'News Image' in the subject line of your email when submitting.