Meet our Students
- Qualifications: Bachelor in Science in Nursing (BSN) and MSc in Nursing - Child Health and Wellbeing. A faculty member in the Department of Maternity and Child Nursing at King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Name of Research Project: I am currently doing my PhD as a full time student and my research is entitle Parents' Experiences in Caring for their Children who are Receiving Growth Hormone Therapy
- Research Description: This qualitative phenomenology study explores parents' day to day experiences of caring for their children needing GHT. It identifies key issues and investigates the impact it has on them to try explicate the meanings behind their experiences.
- Supervisor: Prof. Imelda Coyne The School of Nursing and Midwifery at TCD has been such a lovely place to grow academically. I enjoyed the experience of completing my Masters in Child Health and Well-Being at the School and still am at PhD stage. All I can say is that the people working at the school are very friendly, kind, understanding and professional. They made me feel at ease during my most challenging academic situations and are always there to help.
- PhD start date and expected submission of thesis: March 2014-2018
Naseem Tayebi Dehgan
- Qualifications: B. Sc. in Midwifery, M. Sc. in Public Health: Gender studies
- Name of Research Project: Humanitarian Crises: How women refugees in Germany navigate birth and motherhood’ Research Description: A Participatory Action Research that will shed light on the challenges and experiences of birth and early motherhood of women refugees in Germany and their maternity care support needs.
- Supervisors name: Dr. Vivienne Brady & Prof. Geralyn Hynes. In our school we have wide and interesting research themes; it is a very good opportunity for innovation and creativity for having a successful project.
- Start date and expected completion dates. Full-time student, registered in March 2017, expected submission is 2021
- Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Radiological Science, 2005, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. MSc in Health Informatics, 2011 City University London, London, UK.
- My name is Majed Alturbak and I am doing a PhD as a full-time student. My research is a mixed methods study to evaluate the problem of missed appointments at the Radiology outpatient department in King Fahad Specialist Hospital, Saudi Arabia and to develop and implement an intervention to improve outpatient appointment attendance.
- I have a scholarship from government of Saudi Arabia and working under supervision of Prof. Gabrielle Mckee and Dr. Mary Mooney. My project title is (An Action Research study to investigate and improve patient attendance rates and preparation for investigations in the radiology department at King Fahad Specialist Hospital).
- As a researcher, I believe the school has a great place to do a research and meet junior researchers from different approaches, which is considered a good point for postgraduate students.
- Qualifications: Degree in Human Nutrition (Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Bahia Brasil) International Master in International Public Health ( Instituto de Salud, Carlos III, Madrid, Spain) International Master in Humanitarian Medicine (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain) Master in Epidemiology and Public Health (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain)
- Name of Research Project: The dietary and physical activity patterns of nulliparous women and outcomes for women and babies – Nutrition strand as part of the MAMMI study (Maternal health and Maternal Morbidity in Ireland)
- Funded by: The Brazilian Government: Science without Borders (SWB)
- Research Description: This quantitative study aims to explore the health and morbidities experienced by first time mothers during pregnancy and the first year following birth. It also aims to identify if there is any association between diet during pregnancy and physical activity. Supervisors: Cecily Begley, Deidre Daly and John Kearney (co-supervisor from DIT) I like the international atmosphere in the School of Nursing & Midwifery. I have made really good friends that do not hesitate to help! Staff are very friendly as well.
- PhD start date and planned submission of thesis. Started March 2014 - March 2019.