International Winter and Summer School
We are delighted to offer international nursing students this two-week intensive programme.
We are delighted to offer international nursing students this great opportunity to combine learning about nursing and healthcare in Ireland with an active programme that includes exposure to clinical practice and experience of Dublin lifestyle and culture. The programme is designed for groups of undergraduate nursing students in higher education institutions who are interested in exploring different cultures and obtaining a global view of nursing as part of their university programme. The two-week intensive programme is run in January and May each year.
2021 – International Winter School 11th - 22nd January
25th September 2020
20% Deposit Due
23th October 2020
Full Payment Due
27th November 2020
Key features of the programme include
- Clinical observation experience.
- Teaching and presentation of innovative practice and development, delivered by leading TCD researchers.
- Clinical simulation in our state of the art simulation lab (optional).
- A round table exchange with Irish nursing students
- Student access to the oldest and most extensive library in Ireland.
- Exploration of the World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery.
- Insight into health structures and contemporary health problems in Ireland.
- Examination of the affect culture, lifestyle and quality of life can have on health.
- The Trinity Experience: including a tour of the world famous and historic Book of Kells, the Trinity campus and the Berkeley Library.
Fees include all tuition, tour of Trinity College, the Book of Kells and Celtic Nights - Meal and a Show (Accommodation, travel, food or entertainment is not included in the fee).
5 European Credit Transfer System Credits (ECTS) and a Certificate of Completion will be awarded on completion of the programme.
Preparation for clinical site visits
Each student attending the clinical site must be screened for occupational health and have background checks completed. This information is sent to the Occupational Health and Nursing Administration Departments of the hospital the student is visiting.
Therefore, each student is required to send an official record of:
- The date the blood test was taken for; Measles IGG, Mumps IGG, Rubella IGG, Chickenpox IGG and Hepatitis B surface antibody levels/titre.
- Confirmation that you have immunity to each of the above.
- Background check to include criminal / offender clearances (Police Clearance certificate).
- You will also need to bring a clinical uniform with you.
Guidance on how to submit this information will be provided upon application.
If you wish to apply for a place on the School of Nursing & Midwifery International Summer or Winter School programme in Trinity College, please complete the on-line application form below. Places are limited and early booking is recommended. Applications are considered according to the date of receipt of application. Applicants will be informed by email if a place is being offered on the international winter or summer school. Full payment of the fee secures the place.
International School Payment Information
Applicant universities and individuals will be invoiced and provided with payment method upon receipt of application.
Successful applicants will then need to send us their occupational health and background clearance records. This is a requirement for the clinical site visits. Failure to submit this information one month before the start of the programme will result in the student/s being unable to undertake the clinical site visit. Students can however attend the other aspects of the programme but there are no substitute arrangements for the clinical site visits.
You can also email an electronic version of the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org