Toward a more pluralistic approach to leadership in healthcare: the case for Distributed Leadership (DL)
Thursday 1 September 2022 Lecture: Free of charge / Workshops: €20 for one and €35 for two
This event has received Category 1 approval from the NMBI: registered nurses and midwives attending the full day will be awarded 4 CEUs.
Prof Catherine Comiskey, TCD School of Nursing and Midwifery
Workshop 1 - The 4 Ws & 1 H of inclusiveness and Distributed Leadership
• WHY mainstream diversity, equity, and inclusion broadly and deeply across your organisation through Distributed Leadership?
• WHO benefits from mainstreaming diversity, equity, and inclusion across the organisation?
Prof Agnes Sarolta Fazekas, ELTE Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
Prof Catherine Comiskey, Dr Prakashini Banka and Prof Fintan Sheerin, TCD School of Nursing and Midwifery
Chair: Prof Catherine Comiskey
Lecture -Nobody in charge: how does that work?
• Brief history of Distributed Leadership and its theoretical genesis
• Key principles of Distributed Leadership and its benefits
• Research to support the use of Distributed Leadership in healthcare
Prof David A. Buchanan BA PhD FRSA Chartered FCIPD FBAM FAcSS Emeritus Professor of Organizational Behaviour, Cranfield University School of Management, Cranfield, Bedfordshire, UK
Chair: Prof Elizabeth A. Curtis
||Break: lunch not included
Workshop 2 - Implementing Distributed Leadership in practice: models, enablers and barriers
• Approaches to implementing Distributed Leadership
• Pre-requisites for Distributed Leadership practice and finding solutions to barriers
Prof Ruth Northway OBE, Prof of Learning Disability Nursing, University of South Wales
Prof Elizabeth A. Curtis and Prof Siobhan Corrigan, Trinity College Dublin
Chair: Dr Sonam Prakashini Banka-Cullen
Please click here to download a PDF of the programme (updated 14 July 2022)