Population and Community Health
Population and Community Health Sub-Theme
Leader: Catherine McCabe
Current research students
Potential research projects
These projects relate to health research across the life continuum from a holistic perspective and including physical and mental health. Projects are expected to benefit the community of Tallaght through the improvement of both Community Health and Primary Care services.
- Develop and test innovative interdisciplinary models of care for developing new systems of Primary Care and Community Health that either are new approaches or complement/expand current structures.
- Develop and test new ways of developing and expanding the role of community nurses, advanced nurse practitioners in Primary Care and also practice nurses, for example, in areas such as health promotion, risk assessment, early intervention and supporting service users in self-management.
Open opportunities for MSc/PhD projects
There are opportunities for PhD projects in the following topics:
- Family and carer supports Prof Eddie McCann
Leader: Prof Catherine Comiskey
- Modelling the health, wellbeing and risk of addiction among the children of parents who use drugs
- Addiction and ageing
- Addiction and children
- Addiction and innovations
- Addiction and infectious disease
- Addiction and data modelling